Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Preschool rocks!

The director of Ainsley's preschool wanted me to come down and fill out paperwork, etc, so we headed down there this morning to do that. They only have an opening for the Tuesday/Thursday class so we jumped on that since it's apparently a pretty popular school around here. It's also a little cheaper for the 2 day so I figured we'll get used to the payment a little before we have to pay for 3 days next year.

Anyway, because it's Wednesday her usual teacher wouldn't be there, but she happened to be in today because she was subbing for another class. I absolutely LOVED her! She was so cute with the kids and Ainsley was just in heaven. When we went in there, they were having play time in the gym. Ainsley ripped her coat and ran to pick up a hula hoop. The director said she could stay with the class for a bit while she went over everything with me. It took us at least 30 minutes to do all the paperwork (I had to fill out duplicate forms for this year and for fall registration, medical forms, all kinds of fun stuff) so she ended up doing circle time with them too. Circle time is usually when they have their big lesson of the day, so I was excited for her to participate in that. When we finished in the office, I went to find Ainsley and I looked in the room and saw her sitting at this little desk doing the activity with the class and I seriously thought I was going to cry! It was just so cute and she looked so grown up.

It's so strange to me to realize that I have this little girl that I can't really call a baby anymore. When did that happen?!

She's all set to start class next Thursday and it's all she can talk about. When we left she made sure to tell her teacher "I forgot my Dora backpack, but I can bring it with me next week"

The girls are both napping now, my visiting teacher just left, and I think I should clean the bathroom, it's crying for help.

1 comment:

Hanna said...

YAY!!! I am SO glad she liked it and she gets to go back. Our babies aren't babies anymore!