Friday, November 9, 2007

The Joys of Parenting

Ainsley is so out of control right now! She's lying to me, she's beating up Caelan (more than usual) and I'm just at a loss. I've been giving her alone mommy time and doing anything I can think of to make sure she gets the attention she needs and yet she still acts this way. I'm ready to lock her in her room until she's 6. 6 is easier than 4 right? At least then she'll be someone else's problem during the day.

I'm open to suggestions...sigh.

I walked outside yesterday to head to work and for the first time I realized that winter really is coming, it was sooooo cold. Now we just need snow!

I need to start thinking about Christmas lists as well. Thankfully no one wants anything expensive (well except for me :P)

3 comments:

5littlenordstroms said...

I don't know what to tell you other than it sounds like you are doing the right thing. She just needs your attention when that kind of stuff happens and you are already doing it. The lying thing I don't really know what to do about that either, my kids always do it a little we just try to remind them that that is not what Jesus would do and that it makes us not be able to trust them. I also remind them of the story of the boy who cried wolf and that when you lie nobody can trust you. Maybe you could show her how it feels by telling you are going to give her a treat but then tell her no. And ask her if she likes being lied too. Then give her the treat of course. I don't know if she is to young to understand that one but I have always want to try it for a family night lesson or something. Any way I am also working on Christmas lists and really having a hard time deciding what to give everyone. My kids make it extra hard because they don't really play with a lot of toys so sometimes I struggle to know what to give them but I am looking forward to getting some shopping started now cause I do not want to be out in the crowd later. Anyway call me sometime when you have time. I would love to chat.

Unknown said...

Wow I am so sorry, I don't look forward to those days...and the days are numbered. I think that giving her time with you is a good thing. Also maybe try to not have down time, I know who has time for entertianing, but it might work for the boxing sessions. As for Christmas I was at a loss until today. I am getting blocks, some pillow books(for church) and a little people doll house for Alexis. So that might help you with Caelan since our girls are close in age.

Jenn S. said...

We're having a tough time getting Savvy to know the difference between a "lie" and the truth, it's a difficult concept for her to get. Instead of lie, I use the word "story". As in, "are you telling me a story or are you telling me the truth?" It usually works . . .

Good luck!