Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

So what do you do for your birthday when your husband is out of town? You celebrate it yourself of course! Actually, I had intended on doing nothing (I'm getting to the age where I'm not sure I want to celebrate them anymore) but Ainsley couldn't quite grasp the concept of a birthday without a celebration.

So I packed up the girls and we went to Olive Garden for dinner and then we went to the grocery store and bought a tiny little cake. Ains wanted it to say "Happy birthday mama" on it, so that's what I had them write and we went home and ate cake, Patty even insisted that I blow out candles.

It made Ainsley happy on MY birthday, what more could I ask for?

Of course I already got my fantastic present unintentionally before Christmas (my camera) so I don't think Jim felt too bad for skipping out on me.

He had a great time in Arizona, but Jorden, once again, was really upset when he left.

And as for the news that Jim dropped on me that I mentioned a few posts ago, he's up for a transfer back to Arizona. We should find out in 2 weeks. And for those of you that have contact with Jorden, she is NOT to know this!!!!! We can't have her hopes up at a time like this.

Jim's going to be pretty upset if he doesn't get it, especially after this week when he was reminded of how much he misses her.

I'm just trying to remain neutral, because honestly I'm okay either way, I just worry about Jim.

My mom had her first flight to Boston yesterday, but it was a short layover so we only had time for breakfast, but it was fun to see her. She hadn't seen Ainsley since last summer.

And we're off to convince Jim to go get us some munchkins for breakfast, yummy.

6 comments:

Nash said...

Hey, Did Jim go to the GAME?
Sad to hear about Jorden. I think you have a good attitude about it.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

Barnes Blog said...

K, you're so cute. I love reading your blog entries because your life is so ordinary, but not. It has that something that makes life fun, or maybe it's the way you write about it, you can tell you love your life, you make the most of it. You're an ispiration! :)SYLYB

Mimi said...

crossing your fingers that everyone will be happy at the end. I did get the picture of the apron. thank you. I remember Thanksgiving point with their cool shops.

Serin said...

Hey, I went to Thanksgiving Point with Mimi!!

Anyway, I love how Ainsley wanted you to celebrate. On Chris's birthday Grant was all bummed that I didn't get balloons. And they all wanted candles in their cupcake. Kids are too cute!

Good luck with the AZ transfer!

Jenn S. said...

Happy Birthday Ash!

Hoping that the transfer situation works out for the best . . .

Doreen said...

Happy belated birthday! I celebrated my own a week ago, with my husband being gone, as well. And I ate lunch at Olive Garden. How weird is that???