Friday, June 8, 2007

if it walks like a duck

Ainsleyism...one of the little girls in her preschool class has a dad in the FBI. He was picking up his daughter last week and was standing next to me waiting for the kids to come out. He was in full police uniform with a bullet proof vest and and FBI cap on, a little intimidating, even for me. So Ainsley gets out of class, runs up to me and then realizes who I'm standing next to. She looks up and just starts staring. She's got a totally blank look on her face and won't stop staring! So I nudge her toward the door and she starts walking with me but without taking her eyes off of him, she's running into chairs and walls and just doesn't stop! It was so funny, like straight out of a movie.

She's more than excited about going to Arizona. We've been telling her for a few weeks now that as soon as preschool is over, we'll get ready to go see grandma. So 5 seconds after preschool graduation on Thursday she says "Now we go see Grandma!!!" Thankfully she wasn't too disappointed when I told her we still had a week.

Caelan said "bye" tonight....maybe her first word? She says mama and dada but not when referring to either of us so I don't really want to count that yet...BUT she said bye tonight while waving at me so I guess that counts?

My favorite thing she does right now though is carrying on a conversation. It's complete jibberish and nonsense, but I'll ask her a question or say something to her and she'll reply in her own little language and we'll just go back and forth and back and forth for as long as I'll play, it's adorable!

And of course after my gushy post about her being a baby, it looks we're officially done nursing. It had been a day and a half I think, I offered, she refused, and that was that. Almost 14 months though and I'll definitely consider that an accomplishment!

Today I'm thankful for:

1. Friends in my ward that give me a social reprieve once in a while

2. Funny movies

3. diet pepsi (see, I can't escape it!)

4. Ebay, I almost have enough funds to buy the camera of our dreams!

5. Upcoming vacations to Arizona :)

2 comments:

The Grants said...

Hey girl! I hope all is well. When are you coming? Maybe you're already here. Let me know. i love how you always write the things you are thankful for. I need to start doing that to...put things into perspective. I love the pics of your family. Your girls are so adorable. I sure miss you. Talk to you later.
Jen

Mimi said...

ah, I was thinking that Ainsley would say:"Mom, are you in trouble?"