Friday, June 29, 2007

Hey baby, where you be?

Yeah yeah, I've been slacking, but really it's not because we've been busy, but more because I just didn't have the energy to post anything.

Things have been blah. I'm a little frustrated with my family (immediate family not included, no worries Hanna :P) and I'm just emotionally drained. I wonder what's worse though...living with it on a day to day basis like I did when we lived here? Or being oblivious to it all and then having it hit you like a ton of bricks all at once and then sort through the aftermath as well as you can...that is the question I suppose.

I miss New England much more than I thought I would. I think mostly because I want my own bed back, and I want nap times back, and bed times back. We've never really recovered from jet lag so I'm sure it's going to be a while before we feel normal again.

Caelan's teething, running a fever, has a runny nose, had an ear drum burst, and has flaming butt rash...so bad I had to send Jim to the store in the middle of the night for some diaper rash cream, I don't think she's ever had a rash this bad :(

BUT....she's taking steps!!! I can't believe how exciting it was to see her take steps...we've waited WAY too long for this LOL

Ainsley's doing good. She and Addie are fighting, but I think the biggest reason is that they're both severely sleep deprived, and the combination is absolutely toxic. She's having fun spending time outside though because we obviously don't get that nearly enough in Boston.

We've discovered the Nintendo Wii...I do NOT play video games, I seriously hate them, and we are having the greatest time with this!!!! I think it's just that there is no complicated controller to deal with, but in any event, it's totally addicting. We've been having virtual bowling tournaments all week and my arm is so sore I feel like it's going to fall off! I totally want one now.

We saw Wicked in Hollywood and it was FREAKING AMAZING!!! We've been listening to the music and singing all week...I think Jim's ready to break all of our CD's (we have 6 copies of the soundtrack MWAHAHAHA) but it really was great. I can't wait until I get to take Jorden (someday) because she's going to just love it.

Hmm...oh, I chopped all my hair off, about 7 inches. I like it, and it's way easy to manage with all the heat.

And speaking of heat, Jim and I have traded places! I used to be the one that complained about it and he would talk about how great it was here, and I'm LOVING the heat and he's been whining since he got here! haha But seriously, it's been great, and I love swimming!

Alright, I have a Modbe party tomorrow and then we're headed up to Taylor for fireworks, so I guess I won't be back until I get home on Wednesday.

Yay for home!

4 comments:

Serin said...

Yeah for steps!! Sorry about the annoyances, but I hope you able to enjoy the rest of your trip! Miss you!

Jenn S. said...

Ooh - Love, love Wicked! Isn't it the best? Marc also got so annoyed of us listening to it 24/7 :)

Yay for home sweet home!

Meredyth said...

Must see picture of new haircut!

The Grants said...

I just told Shanda how dumb I am. I totally forgot about the party. When are you headed back to Boston? I can't believe I only saw you once. I'm sure you had tons on your plate while you were here. I loved seeing you and your kids. Say hi to Jim too. Call me when you get a chance. Talk to you soon.