Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Despite the foot of snow outside and the lack of heat (gotta love mother in laws) it's awesome to be home.



Jim had a great time with my babies. He said Ainsley kept telling him that she was the mommy since I was gone. She was changing diapers, making bottles, putting Caelan to sleep, and was just so sweet to her all weekend. (Of course I'm home now and that all stops, but you know, I'll take what I can get)



Caelan learned how to say "binky" while I was gone, which was just a reminder that I need to take it away from her.



She also slept in a big girl bed! She hasn't done it at night yet, but Jim said she napped every single day in Ainsley's bed, didn't even get up! We're thinking of putting the pack n play away and bringing Ainsley's little toddler bed up from the basement.



I had a 4 hour layover in Phoenix on my way home, so we went and grabbed Jo from school so she could play hookie and we went out for lunch and a little shopping. Can I just say that Native New Yorker was every bit as good (maybe better!) than I remember it? The BEST wings ever and don't even get me started on the fried zucchini, it was heavenly.



I haven't traveled alone since before Ainsley was born and it was even better than I anticipated. It was a really short weekend so I was kind of stressed about that, but without crabby kids on planes, and kids out of sorts in new houses, it was totally fine! It was relaxing, and it was great to spend time with Beth and my mom. We ate WAY too much food, saw "Juno" (you must all see this movie, I laughed so hard I was crying, and then I was crying for real too, it was really good) and we even had time to sew cute little spring dresses for Caelan and Aida. I may just have to do it again sometime!







And now to the Modbe part of my trip. What an incredible experience! All these women I'd been working with over the phone finally have a face in my mind and it was just overall a fun day. The food was great, I won all sorts of prizes, got some freebies, and the new swim line is better than I could have imagined!



I'm so incredibly excited about it! The pictures on the website are really tiny so it's hard to see them, but here's a taste (and these aren't even close to being my favorites)





They've lowered the prices on some of all the great fall limited items and brought back the "buy 3 items, get 10% off your entire order" deal, which I love. The swimsuits are sold in seperates this year instead of as a set, so you can buy two tops, with a matching bottom and have two completely difference suits!

Beth and I got to try on all the new suits too and I can't even narrow down which one I want! (I need to find a picture of the one I love...I'll work on that)

And one of the most exciting things from the show? Kidbe swimsuits! They're only doing the tween ones this year to see how they do, but if you have a girl size 8 or size 10/12 then there are a couple super cute swimsuit options, nice long tankini tops and the bottoms are adorable. Jorden is THRILLED to be getting one :) If they do well this year then they said they may do the smaller sizes next year (size 4 and size 5/6).

If anyone's interested in hosting a show and getting a new swimsuit for free or nicely discounted definitely let me know! Of course I'm available for all my boston friends anytime and I'm working on a trip to Arizona soon too and would like to book 3 or 4 shows while I'm there.

So again, I really had a great time and I'll definitely have to plan on going to the fall fashion show in August too. It was completely worth it!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

YAY! That is so cool! You know I'll do a party for sure. Let's plan it for February and we can do a real-life party and make sure we email all my long-distance friends. Those suits are so cute! I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Serin said...

Glad you had fun! Those suits look really cute. I would want one except I never go swimming. :p

Unknown said...

Modbe might have cute stuff, but they don't pay their vendors. They stiffed me $3,000. Beware. Hope you get paid.