Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What is the deal with airplane food?

Ainsley and Jorden spent the last 2 nights in New Hampshire with Jim's aunt. It was so quiet around here! I really thought I would enjoy the break, but I seriously missed her every minute she was gone and I was so worried about her because she still wasn't feeling that great.

She really wanted to have the "sleepover" with Jorden though so I let her stay. They took good care of her, and it looks like her mouth is on the mend. She's eating again (yay!) and she's finally getting enough fluids in her. Poor baby could hardly even get fluids down and she ended up pretty dehydrated too. But I'm glad she's feeling better and that she had fun.

Of course, since the moment she walked back in the door, she's been beating the crap out of her baby sister. I'm really sad about it. She is a little bit pesty with Caelan, but now I feel like she's just being spitefully mean and it breaks my heart. I have no idea what happened, but I don't like it and I need to figure out how to get it to stop.

And of course Caelan is sick now. For now it just appears to be stomach related (can you say 16 diapers a day??? YUCK!) and I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be HFM for her too :( She's not eating well so we're just praying for the best for now.

Caelan is sleeping in her crib and sleeping through the night more often.

Nicole babysat for us the other night and when we got home she proceeds to tell me that Cae screamed in her crib for 2 hours before finally going to sleep...WTH?!!!!! I'm still mad about it. I would NEVER let her kid scream in a crib for 2 hours. She put her to sleep without pajamas on (which I laid out for her!) and left the door open. Our apartment is tiny, so I'm sure she's hearing Kai playing in the next room and the TV on, of course she isn't going to sleep! I wouldn't want to either. And she keeps announcing to everyone how my kid screamed in her crib for 2 hours when she babysat like she's this rotten little seed that doesn't behave. I'm just so upset about it. And the thought of her screaming in there for 2 FREAKING hours just makes me want to vomit. I'm really done with her train wreck drama right now. I mean, I feel bad, I wouldn't wish what her husband has done to her on anyone, but I just don't agree with how she's handling it, and each day that goes by I'm finding it harder and harder to have sympathy (believe me, I'm trying)

And lately I feel like all she does is bag on Jim. The last couple times we've been around her she just sits there and points out all of his faults. I don't even know how Jim feels about it, but I feel like I'm constantly defending him. "He is NOT bald, he's had the same hairline for 20 years, he does not have NASTY teeth. They're not perfect, but I've seen a lot worse, why do you care? He does not have ADHD, and if he does, he's certainly figured out how to deal with it with his stable job" I'm starting to think maybe she's jealous? I don't even know anymore!! At least when your sister in law points out all of your husbands faults, you come to realize he isn't so bad after all....blessing in disguise? Perhaps.

Sorry, this was a negative post...I may have to delete it :(

We're heading to the Cape on Thursday I think. I'll need to scrounge up some money for school clothes for Jorden while we're down there. Not a lot of kids on the cape, so the gapkids and limited too always have fantastic stuff on the clearance racks.

I think we're going to have to cancel pre-school. It just doesn't look like it's going to fit in the budget for the rest of the year. Ainsley loves it so much that I'm just sick thinking about taking it away from her, but I'm not sure what else to do. Patty wants to help pay for dance lessons for her, but it just doesn't feel the same. Kids survive without pre-school right? Ugh, I'm going to make myself cry.

Hanna goes home on Friday so hopefully by next week I'll have my "outlet" back and I won't have to dump it here in the blog. Seriously, I need a happy blog....happy blogs are good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ash don't worry we all have bad moments in life. As for the SIL, I wouldn't have her babysit anymore... that is ugly what she is doing. Hope the girls feel better soon