I've come to realize that one of my biggest faults is that I talk too much. Not in the way you think about a 14 year old cheer leader talks, but about things that are important, only important to me. Things that really shouldn't matter to other people and things that maybe they don't need to know.
If I'm having a particularly bad day and my sister calls me and asks what's wrong, I tell her that I hate my life and my husband is the biggest loser, and you won't BELIEVE what he said to me! And I can't believe I'm still married to him.
Yes, that's the drama queen in me (no, I do not have to wonder where Ainsley gets it)
I've learned that I need to start just keeping my mouth shut because when I get things figured out and realize that it was all just a stupid argument that was over faster than it started, I then have to explain how things really aren't that bad and how I never should have said it in the first place.
Because really it's not bad at all. Jim's a good husband and a good father and I should respect him enough to not go off on him to people that really shouldn't be involved.
Why am I blogging this? Perhaps for the sake of the people I dump my melodrama on so that they can stop taking me so seriously?
Or maybe it's for my own sake so I can have it in writing what big dork I am....yes, that's probably it.
So there you have it....the moral of the story?
1. I'm dramatic
2. I love my husband and my kids and my life (no matter what I might say when I'm having a PMS moment)
3. I have nothing better to blog about today and now Caelan's poopy so I guess that's it!
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey I totally get it. I do the exact same thing. After you dump all your problems you feel a little better but It is never as bad as it seems and then you feel really stupid. Don't feel bad I do it. I'm always embarrassed after the fact because really I do love my life too. Well, I just recapped everything you said.
But now you know that you are normal or the two of us are the only abnormal ones but I doubt it. This all must explain why you were so quiet on the phone today. Give me a call sometime when you are in the mood to shoot the breeze.
Hey we all say things that afterward we regret. Women wear their feelings on their sleeve. Most of the people who are the closest know what you are really saying when you do stuff like that!
Yup, I usually know you're venting about life. Although, I'm a bad person to vent to because I have the "fix it" complex and I want to help. :p
And you know we ALL do it.
That is so me, too! Don't feel bad at all :)
I think it's a strength, too. I want to be able to talk to others. Maybe you should vent to me so I can vent back. LOL
Venting is healthy, holding a grudge and keeping the issue alive is not, looks like you have a great understanding of that concept even if it's a day or two later, no rules on how long we get to cool off, just don't take so long that you miss some good stuff along the way.......
Love mom
Post a Comment