Sunday, May 6, 2007

I'm not as think as you drunk I am

Caelan slept horribly last night! And with the exception of a little grumpiness I had to fight all day long, I thought I was fine. Then Sunday school arrived and I seriously felt like I was drunk trying to teach that lesson. I couldn't stay focused, I kept losing my place, stumbling over my words, forgetting what the heck I was talking about! Thankfully it ended and I got a fabulous nap.

Then I woke up from my nap and found out that Jim must have napped as well, because plain as day, written across my family room rug in brown marker "AINSLEY"

I don't buy my children markers. And I don't buy them gum. These are my two big no-no's...and I will NEVER change my mind about it. And yes, as a child, I hated these rules implemented in my mother's house, but I understood them (now more than ever)

Jim's mom bought Ainsley markers last night while we were at the Christmas Tree Shop. The ONLY reason I didn't say anything was because I thought she was buying them to keep at Grandma's house, and I'm totally fine with that. But somehow we were not on the same page and the markers ended up home with us, and YES, I'm mad.

If I wanted markers for my kids, I would have bought them myself!!!! I'm ready to throw every single one of them away, and Ainsley's asleep right now and of course has no clue how annoyed I am.

I'm starting to feel a little paranoid about Caelan too. She doesn't say anything. Maybe it's normal, I have no idea. No mama, no dada, no hi, no bye bye, she doesn't even wave anymore. She doesn't walk and has no desire to. Combine that with her size and people are just shocked when I tell them how old she is. She looks and acts like a 9 month old.

This post wasn't too happy was it?

Today I'm thankful for

1. Woolite carpet cleaner

2. a Valiant 9 sunday school class that will behave incredibly well if you preface the class by telling them you're tired and grumpy

3. sunday afternoon naps

4. diet pepsi (this one makes my list WAY too often)

5. babies that don't walk yet, because really, it just gets harder after that right?

2 comments:

Nash said...

YEs, it DOES! I love your title, but that SUCKS! Did it come out? Try using the advantage that your mom and I love so much, it just might work.
Hey, my 3 almost 4 yr old doesn't write her name, but my 11 month old walks, so somehow I think it all balances itself out.???
I have just started using some sign language with Vance, have you tried it at all? It's happening slowly but is working.

Hanna said...

I was JUST going to suggest some sign language w/ Cae. I think she's totally normal. (Remember my little Addie who didn't say a word until after her 2nd birthday?? This is the same kid who won't be quiet now!)

And no worries on the walking thing. Sullivan (despite his mom's predictions) doesn't seem to be in any hurry either. I just take it as a sign that he loves me to hold him. mwahahahaha!

Sorry 'bout the marker :( The good news is that she's S-M-R-T. . .the bad news is that it usually means mischief.