So 7:30 hit and both girls were fast asleep! What did I do to deserve this?! So the husband and I are catching up on everything in the DVR (american idol!) and The Mormons from PBS, which is thought provoking, though annoyed me at times.
Of course to keep it un-biased they had a lot of interviews with ex-communicated members, and one in particular was making me so mad! She was very obviously a modern feminist and was attacking the women's stance in the church, saying we're controlled by the men and our role in the family and church is always shoved down and made to be inferior to the man's role and I just don't see it that way at ALL! I suppose it's all about perception.
I don't feel held back, I don't feel pushed to the side, and I don't feel that my role is any less important than my husband's in the church and in our family.
I guess enough of that, since I'm basically arguing with myself on this matter ;)
I ran a few errands today and got some ebay auctions going.
Jim's decided he wants a new digital camera. And of course I want one too, I just don't think we should spend the money right now. He hates our camera, and I'm still tolerating it just fine. I guess if he's the breadwinner and he can make the money to pay for it then I shouldn't have a problem right?
I'm out of pepsi, not good.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. Hyland's Teething Tablets
2. Lost debit cards that suddenly appear after a month of MIA, does that mean I can start shopping again?
3. DVR, Blake Lewis can leave crumbs in my bed...ANYTIME baby
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No man will ever be a MOTHER (well I guess in these modern days it's quite possible, but not without a lot of medical help). ANyway, there's no reason for us women to feel less important in our role.
I'll just stop cause I have alot of thoughts on the subject.
I agree with everything you said. How sad about the girl who knows she won't live long. Sweet family.
We have the "Mormons" on Tivo also - I caught just a bit of it and was annoyed about the "dissenters" part. Do you think I should watch it anyway? Or will I be too annoyed?
Love your posts - especially the random part about being out of pepsi! Love ya Ash!
Post a Comment