Okay, so here's what happened...
Jorden was being "creative" and took a picture of tinkerbell and put her uncle's face on it. And put a silly little caption "Have a magical day" or something like that. Then she took his wife's face (her aunt) and put it on a dollar bill and put "the first woman president"
She thought it was awesome and was going to send it to him and us just for fun.
She told him about it and he basically decided that she was a disappointment (and told her that) and that he didn't want to spend the weekend with her anymore (this is a grown man, remember?)
So Jorden was upset, Jorden's mom was calling us, asking what the heck was wrong with him, other uncle was mad at him too, Jim's pissed off, uncle defends his actions by saying Jorden's behavior is getting rotten.
So then we were talking with Mother-in-law about it and she just gets all dramatic "These are the kinds of things that tear family's apart!" boo hoo hoo...yes, I'm annoyed with her, can you tell? She keeps saying how no one's perfect and then she starts into other stuff about how Jorden should never be alone with Jim's dad for reasons that she won't tell us, so now the imagination is going nuts. What the heck could have happened for her to not trust her ex-husband with his grand-daughter?
I'm emotional, we all know that. So I was mad because apparently Jim knew of the reason for Jorden to not be alone with him and never told me...blah blah blah.
That's the basics of it. There's more to it but I'd be here all day!
Anyway, hopefully it's blowing over. I'm still mad at her uncle and wish he would butt out and let us raise our own children.
So besides all that crap, our weekend was fun. We spent a lot of it on the beach (as you can see from the pictures :)), we ate lots of junk food, the party with Jim's friend was fun. He's not my favorite person, but Sarah was there and I like getting to know her better so it all worked out.
Patty gave me a little money toward jim's father's day present and I've narrowed it down to 3 things that he really really wants.
Anyway, I suppose that's it.
We're back home and we even went down to the pool today! The water's still a bit cold, but Ainsley didn't mind at all. Caelan's deathly afraid of the water, but that's nothing new.
Gotta keep cleaning!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sorry about all the drama - ahh, families . . .
The pictures are so great. As always, your girlies are just beautiful!
Hooray for Arizona!!
Who's the uncle? Jim's bros or the step-dad's bro?
I really think that you play a major role in Js upbringing. Why shouldn't you not know how to protect her?
Ugh, I hate family drama. Can't we all just get along?? :p
Father's Day? :o How long do I have?
Post a Comment