Friday, May 11, 2007

mumblings

Just a few random things to blog about today...

1. Jim's company is putting us up in a fancy shmancy hotel for 2 nights in Portland, Maine next weekend....he sent me the link to the hotel..holy smokes! Yay for corporate perks!

2. Caelan doesn't talk so we've started sign language...mostly she just laughs at us, but hopefully she'll start picking up some of it soon.

3. I went to play group today with the girls from church, man I love my ward! Interesting note....there's an uber crunchy gal that I love talking with (obviously we have cloth diapering and babywearing in common) and it's so funny how adament she is about home birthing, but then she went on this big tangent about how she let all her kids cry it out.

4. Jim just called me, holy crap his company car was delivered today!!!!! We're going to pick it up in an hour. For those of you that aren't familiar with this saga, basically they've been telling him since January that his car is "on the way" but it's finally here! Phew, my heart's seriously racing, I'm so excited! I have a car!!! OMG, I have my own car now!!!!!!

5. When you drive down the streets in our neighborhood, the greenery is amazing. And for many of you, I'm sure you're bored of my awe at Massachusetts, but for a girl that's spent the last 10 years in the desert, it's just breathtaking. The tree literally form a canopy of green over every single street, it's like a picture right out of a photography book. Every time I drive down our street I'm amazed all over again!

6. I picked up Caelan's 1 year pictures...they're...um, interesting. I'll scan them later.

7. 5 more weeks until Arizona! Bring on the sunshine and swimming pools!

Today I'm thankful for...

1. My friends, playgroups are awesome!

2. Husbands that know how to suck up after being an ass for no reason at all (or maybe he had a reason and he's just sparing me the details)

3. Sales at Gymboree

4. Dora the Explorer, for allowing me 10 minutes of peace so that I can blog.

3 comments:

Hanna said...

I am SO excited for the car! That will feel awesome to be able to do things during the day when Jim's working!

Mimi said...

1. pics of the hotel please ;)
4. yay car!
5. I love green states
6. snicker. how interesting? ;)

Jenn S. said...

hooray for car!

nak