Today was playgroup with a bunch of the mommies in our ward, it was tons of fun, once again. It was at Kristen's house and she lives on the air force base, so it's always a pain to make the effort, but we always have so much fun. Ainsley sometimes bullies other kids, but with these ones she's just sweet so I love letting her interact with them. 3 of our playgroup kids are in her sunbeam class at church so I'm glad she gets to know them a little better outside of church as well.
And I had a really great realization today, I LOVE my ward! I know I've said it before but I really do. We're all sitting there and I realize that every single one of the mommies breastfeeds and I think every single one of them has breastfed past a year. I'm still trying to convert them to babywearing and cloth diapering, but all in good time :)
One mommy today was particularly interested in the cloth diapers and was wondering if she could borrow a few of mine to try out, of course since I have WAY too many I told her that would be GREAT! Spreading the tree hugging love is what it's all about.
I asked Jim what we were doing on Sunday....he said "for your birthday?" and I had actually meant the Super Bowl...I forget my birthday is even coming, but really I'm hoping maybe we'll gorge ourselves with disgusting fattening food while we watch football. I'm sure he wants to take me to dinner or something tomorrow or Monday, but I'm not sure what I want. Dining out here is different than I'm used to. I had all my favorite places in Arizona and I don't really have any here...possibly because my favorite is Mexican food, and I have yet to be convinced that any halfway decent Mexican food even exists on this side of the country. I promise you I will be eating Cafe Rio at least 12 times when we go back this summer....I'm drooling just thinking about it.
I feel like the fog is starting to lift. Whether it's coming to terms with my new life, or better managed medication (or both) I don't really know, but I'm feeling better. I'm feeling optimistic and ready to start making the changes that I need to make, and a big part of it will be my marriage. I'm ready to love him again and ready to be able to say that my life is good and full and truly happy.
And we'll end with an adorable anecdote of the girls that happened today. Ainsley has this very strong attachment to her little stuffed Eyeore. I was holding Caelan in my arms and realized she had Eyeore in her hands when I picked her up. Ainsley was standing next to me trying to get it, but Caelan had figured that out and was playing what I can only call "keep away" with Ainsley. She was dangling it over her head and when Ainsley would get close she would hug it tight and they were both laughing hysterically, it was the sweetest exchange I think they've ever had. It was a good mommy moment for me, which I've been seriously lacking lately. Not that my kids are any different, but my mood was light enough today to really appreciate it, which hasn't happened in a while.
Time to get the kids ready for bed :)
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Ash! I'm so glad I found your blog . . .
Just wanted to comment that there is a really good (by East Coast Standards) Mexican restaurant in Cambridge (right near Harvard) - it's called Border Grill or something like that (ask anyone there and they can direct you to it). It's really good and will make you feel like you are back out West for an evening.
Post a Comment