Monday, February 26, 2007

Say cheese!

When Ainsley was a baby (and even now) it was easy to take pictures. She incredibly photogenic and loves to pose for the camera. She can just look natural and happy on command and I LOVED it.

Caelan is a totally different story. In fact I'm a little frustrated (hence the need for a blog entry here). She's absolutely adorable! Every bit as cute as Ainsley is, but I really struggle to "capture" her and sometimes I think I've just mentally given up. And I really don't want to. Ainsley's personality comes through in all her pictures so I take a LOT of her, but Caelan wants nothing to do with the camera.

Growing up, I know that pictures were a sore spot with one of my younger brothers. My mom didn't take nearly as many pictures of him as some of her other children (not on purpose of course, it just happened) and I don't want her to feel bad later on that I have 10x as many pictures of her older sister than I do of her.

I need to work on it. I often think about taking photography classes and getting a better camera, but then I think that maybe it's just a natural talent (photography) that I just don't have....I don't know. I tend to let that excuse hold me back from other things as well (scrapbooking anyone?)

I guess this came about because of last night. Caelan and I were playing on the couch and I was goofing with her hair, it ended up being a big poofy swoop on top of her head and Jim and I both agreed she looked oddly like Jimmy Neutron (yes, I'm a dork, I know this) so I tried to take a picture...16 pictures later, and I have nothing to show for it.

I supposed I'm on a "magnify your talents" kick right now where I just want to be fantastic at everything. Sewing, cleaning, cooking, singing, parenting, picture taking, scrapbooking, and many many (MANY) more. When Jim cuts me off from shopping, I guess this is what happens ;)

1 comment:

Hanna said...

I'm totally bummed that I don't get to see her jimmy neutron hair! Cae is a doll - even random pictures are cute. Although, I would rather see her in person if you can arrange that! *cough* visit me *cough*