So....things are good....I guess LOL
I've been sewing a crib set for Caelan all day, and it's turning out SO cute! I'll finish up the quilt tomorrow and then take pictures.
I thought Caelan might have pink eye so I took her to the doctor this morning, it turns out she has a blocked tear duct and she scratched her eye. I have to treat it with the same ointment, but at least it's not contagious. Jim was trying to get work done as well this morning, so I took the girls to Jo-ann's so he could have peace a quiet a little longer. I didn't have quite enough ribbon for the bumper pad so it worked out well for all of us ;)
In church on Sunday one of the talks was about giving up one thing this year that will bring you closer to God, and doing one thing better than will bring you closer to God. So we made 2 goals. We decided to give up computers completely on Sunday and to be more consistent with family home evening. That being said, I totally forgot to do family home evening tonight...DOH! I'm sure we'll have to get used to it again so I won't be too hard on myself.
My little brother comes home from his mission this week and it's so bittersweet. I'm so happy that he'll be reunited with his family, and then talking to my mom today I started bawling because I realized I wouldn't be there for it....I feel like I'm missing out. I'll see him in a few months though, so I'm just trying to focus on that.
I've been feeling quite blah lately and I have a feeling it's partly due to my lack of retail therapy....I mean I know saving money is for the greater good, but dang I miss shopping!
And I know my breastfeeding nazi friends (and I mean that in the most loving way possible!) will think I'm nuts, but I've started giving Caelan a bottle of formula before bed. I started it just as an experiment to see if it made a difference with sleeping. She was waking up 8 times a night EVERY night and my sanity was suffering. But it actually worked. The first night she only woke twice and I can't even describe how good I felt when I woke up. And she's been sleeping better ever since. One night I didn't give it to her and she woke up 8 times again, so I know it's helping and at least she's still getting breastmilk so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. We both needed sleep and this is apparently the only way I was gonna get it. At least she still prefers me :P
Have I mentioned it's frickin' freezing here? Well it is.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment