Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Remember me? I'm your brain...

Okay, so what I was TRYING to write about last night was that Jim and I are getting closer to making some decisions about what we'll be doing next year. With housing so expensive around here, we really didn't think it was possible to even think about buying anything for a few years...BUT, Jim's been looking around when he goes on sales calls. Because he works from home, he's decided it would probably be more cost effective for us to live further from the city. His job covers all the mileage he has to put on the car for work (besides, he'll have the company car by then anyway) so logistically it just makes sense.

Anyway, he went on a couple appointments further southwest from here and he's found a couple towns that we can actually afford! I went online and was looking at some of the houses for sale and there are plenty of houses, big enough for us, updates, well taken care of homes that are WELL within our budget! It was actually a really exciting realization (yes, I know, the silly things that make us happy when we get older). I had my mom pull Jim's credit as well and his credit is almost there (and will be more than ready in 9 months when we get ready to buy)

It actually made our outlook quite a bit brighter. Our mortgage would be LESS than our current rent, plus we'll get the tax benefits again, PLUS we would have almost twice as much room as we do now...YAY!!! The girls could have their own room, Jim could have an office, and more room for visitors from Arizona/Mexico (wink wink)

Of course then we got into a huge fight about parenting that is still fizzling out even a day later.

And the most exciting thing going on in our lives?....Jorden will be here in less than 2 weeks!!!!! We don't have a ton of money to do anything super exciting, but we might attempt ice skating, and maybe we'll go to the Cape and spend time with Patty too.

And a big thank you to my fab 5 that now have me reading my scriptures and exercising...oh the horror!!! (you gals ROCK!)

5 comments:

Serin said...

Yeah on the house possibilities! I like it when there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry about the fight. :(

Fab5 Rocks!

Hanna said...

Yup, everything she said.

I wish I could just pull the "mom" card in most parenting discussions. If only, eh?

Nash said...

Very Exciting on all of it, except the F-I-G-H-T. Hang in there!

Jenn S. said...

Excellent news! I hope it all works out. Do you mind me asking which town?

Also, I'm not sure if you already had it out in Arizona, but Boston has Trader Joes, an excellent little market that I miss so very much. If you aren't familiar with it you should definitely check it out - I love that place and am still in mourning that they don't have them in Texas. They are great for quick/healthy mostly pre-made meals.

Mimi said...

what about "from Minnesota *wink *wink?"

Your box is currently at 10lbs, but I am afraid I am missing something. We are completely snowed in, not sire if the PO is even open.