I just read books 1-7 in about 17 days, which means I have over 2 weeks of deferred housework, what a mess!
I have 3 job interviews today but I'm not sure if I'm going to go to at least 1 of them. Hopefully my first choice will return my call and confirm that I've been hired and can start next week like we talked about.
My mom lost her job. The company she worked for filed bankruptcy. They were the largest privately owned mortgage company in the country. She said she's hearing rumors that Countrywide will be filing soon too....Does anyone sense a completely crash of the real estate market here? Seriously, kind of makes me nervous. I'm thinking we won't be ready to buy until next winter anyway though, so hopefully we'll be able to buy while things are still priced low but banks will be able to loan money again. What a mess. I think my dad's found a new/better job and my mom seems to have an offer for a job that will at least be a cushion while she finds a place that suits her. We're wallowing in each other's money woes, misery loves company right?
Okay, not really. She seems in good spirits in spite of everything and I'm remaining optimistic as I can too. 2008 is going to be a huge catch up year for us. We're moving back in with Patty for a couple months to pay some things off, namely the $7000 that Xerox overpaid us which they now want back, and the medical bills from earlier this year. I'm excited about getting those things out from under us and alleviating the stress that they're causing.
I took Ainsley to the library this morning to get a new movie. We returned Peter Pan and checked out the Wizard of Oz, which is fun to watch again now that I've seen Wicked. I also snagged a couple books for me.
With Harry Potter out of the way, and my desire to read again, I need to start making a list of books. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment!
Caelan's refusing to nap, but at least she's not being grumpy. She fell asleep in the car for a bit on the way to the library so that might be why.
I suppose I should go get a shower so that I can fool them into thinking I'm someone worth hiring!
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope they give you your first choice job. It would be my first choice too.
Cheers! to catching up with everything. I hope that's what's in store for us too :p
I can't believe you did that much reading. I have been trying to do more reading but haven't kept up with it. Maybe after kids start school next week I can fit it in again. At the beginning of summer I read some C.S. Lewis. I liked the screwtape letters but it is deep stuff. not just light reading. I would like to read more of his books though. Maybe "mere christianity" will be next. But Harry potter sounds more fun. I think I will start reading those too. I have also thought it would be fun to read some of those classics that I should have read in high school but really faked it. Grapes of Wrath, Sun Also Rises, Pride and Prejudice, Etc.
Anyway happy reading and let me know if you find something I might enjoy as well. Good luck with everything.
Pamela Aiden's "an assembly such as this" and "These three remain"
drool over Mr. Darcy ;)
job news??
book suggestions: the Twilight series. Highly addicting ;) Here's the website for it:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightseries.html
Post a Comment