Friday, August 24, 2007

Is it morning already?

So the manager called me yesterday and everything's official. I start tomorrow (holy fast batman!) and then I work next week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday!

I'm excited and then nervous about being away from my girls and then excited about being away from all of it and then guilty, and then nervous again. Can you see I'm conflicted? Of course I know it will be good.

I need to be forced to get out of this apartment alone because right now I don't do it and it's eating away at me.

Having your husband work from home sounds nice in theory, until you've been doing it for almost a year and look forward to week long business trips because it's the only time you get away from him!

I love my husband, I hope no one takes that the wrong way. I just need Ashley time.

And I'm quite confident I won't spend all my paycheck there either thankfully. Right now there's just no way we can spare it. So hopefully they won't have a line I can't live without for a few more months when I'll have the ability to spare a little.

We had a baptism to go to last night and I left there thoroughly humiliated by my children. No matter what I threatened, or how much I tried to reason with her, Ainsley ran up and down the aisles in the chapel during the entire thing. And the few times I did manage to get her to sit down it was with a horribly loud burst of tears and squealing. Caelan wasn't much better. She managed to completely tear apart a hymn book while I looked away for 5 seconds and when I removed it from her hands, she screamed so loud and high I thought my ear drums were going to burst. Finally I toook them both out and they still managed to scream and cry loud enough for everyone inside to hear. It was horrible. It was too late in the evening for them to be out and be expected to behave but I had no choice as Jim and I both had to be there. And of course I was asked to give a talk 2 hours before the event so I completely forgot to feed them dinner. I gave them a few snacks before we left to try and tide them over. When refreshments were served they acted as if they'd never seen food before! Thankfully none of it was too horribly unhealthy (except the brownies which neither one seemed to interested in)

Needless to say, I'm glad yesterday is over. I'm going to finish cleaning today, take the girls to the library again, and mentally prepare myself for tomorrow....and try to figure out what the heck I have to wear that falls within their guidelines. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need new shoes.

Cae's done with breakfast and wants out, so that's my cue!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

yes, good shoes. (They left me wear crocs when I was pg). It is a lot of "steps, standing, pacing, racing, climbing" much harder on your knees. Have fun! You'll love it! I had so much fun putting outfits together for people.

So sorry about the baptism. I was worried they would end up in the fond(font?) or something like that. LOL

The Grants said...

Holy crap! Just reading about the baptism with your kids makes me laugh. I second guess everywhere I go if my kids have to go with me. Sometimes if Jer is working it sucks even more. I always be the good girl and go anyway just to end up frustrated and embarrassed. I feel for you! How did your first day go?