Tuesday, September 4, 2007

As Good as it Gets

It was a long day yesterday but I got time and a half for it, so at least at the end of the day it felt worth it.

My feet are finally getting used to being on them for that many hours at a time as well which definitely makes things a bit more pleasant.

I've got my eye on some cute fall/winter stuff for the girls, but I'm still waiting for a paycheck in order to fund it. I should go through their closet and see what exactly they'll need.

2 good things have happened in the last week. The first is that my aunt Jill coming to visit. This is only the second visit I've been paid since moving here (the first was my mom). She'll be here a whole week and we're planning lots of fun stuff.

The second one is that we may not have to move to the cape, which is good news for me because it means I would be able to keep my job which I'm liking. We found a couple places around here where we might be able to afford to rent an actual house and get out of the apartment life. One of the towns is cheaper because it's a little further out and the schools are apparently not as good, but from what I can see they're still well above average and better than any schools Ainsley would have attended in Arizona.

The thought of having a yard is more exciting than anything. To be able to take the kids outside and let them get their wiggles out without having to drive across town would be so nice.

Girls' night is happening in October in Arizona....I'm thinking of selling a kidney so that I can go...any takers?

3 comments:

Nash said...

Crap! I have been worried about finding a school as good as Franklin when we move next year. I didn't realize we had such bad schools.
Glad you are liking your job.

5littlenordstroms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
5littlenordstroms said...

Hey sounds like things are going well. I am excited for you and Jill. I wish I was vacationing there too. Maybe someday soon after we find Danny a better job so I can afford it. As for the kidney I don't know if I need one at the moment but I would be will sell one of my own to be able to come see you. But maybe I won't have to do that if I could just convince Danny to take a job in North Carolina. Anyway I sure hope you can make it in October. It just wouldn't be the same without you.