Saturday, September 29, 2007

Book Report

Okay, so I read "The Red Tent"

First of all, I read the entire thing in one sitting. One potty break and a handful of SunChips later.

It was absolutely amazing. It's 2 days later and my head is still spinning with the story and with my own emotions that it stirred up.

Empowerment, pride in being a woman, love for my husband. It was so incredibly emotional that I found myself feeling hollow end empty in the sad parts and so completely satisfied in the end.

I can't reccomend this book enough. A must read!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

ok, please tell me why you like it. I am 100 pages into it and I am about to give up. What am I missing? Nothing happened so far.

Mimi said...

oh by the way, I had cramps the whole way through all the labors and red tent days. lol

Serin said...

I just finished it the other day! I could've done without the mention of the animal sex and one other part that Mimi hasn't gotten to yet, but it was great! I loved getting a glimpse of the women in the OT, even if it was fiction. :p