Sunday, September 16, 2007

babbling babies

I'm pretty sure Caelan said "Dora" this morning. Not sure if I should be amused, proud, or mortified....maybe all three? I also think she said "Spongebob" last week....hiding my head in shame.

Her words that I'm certain she understands when she says them:

baba (bottle)
mama
shoes
hi (and she waves hi and bye)

Words she doesn't say but knows what I'm talking about:

Jorden/JoJo (Where's JoJo? and she points to her or to her picture when she's not here)
Daddy/dada (Go show daddy your dress, and she runs off to show him)
poopy (she points to her diaper if I ask her if she's poopy)
garbage (if I tell her to put something in the garage she'll do it)
Ainsley (same as Jorden, she'll point to her or her picture)
hugs
kisses
so big (she throws her arms up in the air)
bye bye (she runs for the door)
stand up
sit down
binky
dinosaur (her current lovey)
night night
yogurt (her favorite food)
gimme five

Body parts she can point to when asked:

nose
belly button
hair
ears (only sometimes)
feet

Still obviously behind for almost 18 months, but she's still learning things so I figured we'd blog them :)

1 comment:

Tami G said...

She's NOT behind......every child learns at a different pace, is she slower than Ainsley? Maybe.....but none the less she's perfect and doing fine. Don't compare one child to another, it will make you and them crazy, Ainsley is adorable and on her own pace as is KK, so as always, keep tabs on their progress, but progress is progress and as long as she is moving forward, you have nothing to worry about.....love you and miss you all.

Mom