I've been scouring the internet for a couple weeks now trying to get ideas for Caelan's birthday outfit, but I'm totally stumped! I think part of my problem is that I'm too critical of my work. So when I finish a project, I think it's not as good as it should be and feel like I need to do something else, and then I end up spending more money than if I would have just bought her something to begin with...and I don't want to do that this year!!!!
I *want* to make her a fun outfit and I want to be totally happy with it....sigh.
I can tell that I'm getting better though. I've been sewing a LOT since moving here and I can see that my projects are starting to look more professional. I wish I'd taken the time to be a better seamstress years ago though. I've been doing this since I was 12, you'd think I would have mastered it by now, but no.
Today I'm going to finish my first ever lap tee...They're not as easy as you would think and I think I've already figured a way to make my next one better.
Then I'm going to make a sun hat...never made one of those either.
And I cut out another project this morning (top secret!) that I need to work on as well.
If I get a couple more things cut out, I should have some fun things to sew at the craft night at the church on Thursday.
Caelan's napping, I'm going to work on some things while I can :)
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ash - I saw something really cute on ebay that looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make. Here is a link in case you are interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160090288656&rd=1&rd=1
Post a Comment