Friday, March 9, 2007

It's a treasure hunt!

When I was 12 years old my mom started teaching me to sew...and it was on her incredibly old Bernina sewing machine. It always kind of annoyed me because I assumed old meant not as good. It was the only machine I sewed on for all of my growing up so I never really knew any better.

Then when I was 20 my mom gave me a brand new Kenmore sewing machine for Christmas and I was SO excited! Until I started sewing with it...

I mean, it worked but it was then that I realized how great my mom's old machine really was. I continued to sew on my old one (when it wasn't broken) and was lusting after a machine just like my mom's.

Just this last year I finally managed to put together enough money for my own (dang, those suckers are expensive for a 30 year old machine!) I ended up with an older machine and missing all of the accessories, but I have the machine now and I use it non-stop.

Just last week my sister told me she wanted the machine too and I was getting discouraged because the only ones I was finding on ebay were going for close to $500....too rich for my blood (and hers too!)

Then I checked my local craigslist and what do you know, there it is! and it's $250!!!! This has to be too good to be true right?

Nope...it's real. And I picked it up today. And it's fan-freaking-tastic! It's nicer than my sewing machine but I'm just so happy that we found it for her that it's just had me on a high all day long. It was like finding buried treasure.

Jim's brother is in town so we'll be busy with them for the next couple days.

Oh, and Jorden's mom is having twins...HOLY crap!!!!!! I can't even imagine the mixed emotions they have going on right now. Pretty unbelievable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh cool! I just checked my local Criagslist and saw one listed for $900!! Yikes! You definitely found a fabulous deal. :)