Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'd like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true, I love my mom and dad, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

Ainsley bore her testimony today in Sacrament meeting for the first time ever....it was so amazing! And what I loved about it the most is that it wasn't just the same old little kid's testimony. She said how thankful she was to have prayers and just super cute things like that...too sweet!

And the sappy part of my day is this....

What an amazing turn around your life can have when you do what you're supposed to do and fulfill the callings your given.

A couple months ago the Bishop called me into his office and called me to teach Valiant 9. I went home after church and just sobbed. I couldn't believe it. It was right in the middle of my frustration with moving and Ainsley's tantrums, and Caelan's non-sleep and I just felt like he had to be wrong. There's no way that Heavenly Father really wants me to be doing this and taking time away from getting my own shmuck figured out. But I accepted it, and I jumped right in. It's a more difficult class so I was nervous heading into it. I have 6 children in the class. 1 is autistic, 2 have ADHD, and the rest are just normal 8 year olds. It's been amazing though.

I've also added scripture reading into my daily activities. Sometimes at night after the girls are in bed, sometimes in the morning before they wake up, sometimes during nap time, just whenever I can sneak 10 minutes or so. And already I feel a difference with that too.

I honestly feel like my life has done a complete 180. I'm not so overwhelmed. Caelan's sleeping better. Ainsley's not screaming at me anymore, Jim and I haven't been fighting. It's bittersweet at the same time though because I'm of course now kicking myself for not doing this sooner :)

Anyway, the point of this was not to brag, but just make record of it for my future self, when I forget to do what I know I should be doing and I start wondering why my life sucks and I can't seem to fix it.

And of course, Caelan got her first pigtails today and they're so cute!!!! I was looking through Ainsley's old pictures and she had her first piggies a little after her first birthday and she didn't have nearly as much hair as Cae, so I figured she's almost 1 so we'll give it a try. She didn't even fight me on it. Of course I had to give her something to play with while I worked my magic, but it worked like a charm.

3 comments:

Hanna said...

NO way! I wish I could have seen that! Too adorable!

Lyns said...

I am so happy that you're finding happiness.. what a difference it really makes huh :0)

Jenn S. said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling and finding happiness Ash - keep up the awesome work!