Thursday, April 12, 2007

1 year ago today...


Well, she's a year old.


I'm sure it's no secret that it's bittersweet. I keep telling myself "she's not a toddler yet! She's not walking, so she's still a baby!" LOL


BUT, she stood alone for the first time today! I took her to Penney's to get her 1 year pictures and while we were waiting I stood her up and was holding her hand, but when I let go, she didn't sit down, she just stood there....and stood there...and stood there! I'm sure it was only a total of 10 seconds, but I was so amazed!


Pictures went NOT well. She screamed almost the entire time. I got 1 picture of her scowling with a giant elmo in her hands, and one picture doing her infamous "stare"


I ended up just getting the $8 package of the "stare"...I figured I didn't feel like trying again, because I was sure it wouldn't go any better, and well...it's about memories right? Well, that's just what she does for pictures, so now we have it immortalized in an 8x10 picture for the wall. YAY!


Cute child-ism today. Though I'm still not sure how it ended up on the floor, Caelan got a hold a HUGE jar of sprinkles (we made cookies yesterday) and dumped the ENTIRE thing out. She then proceeded to throw them ALL over the family room, laughing like a maniac the entire time. Ainsley then sat down and joined her and they were throwing them at each other and just having so much fun I didn't have the heart to stop them :P I just waited until they got bored with it and then I got out the broom ;)

5 comments:

Serin said...

Aw, that's such a cute picture! And major kudos to you for not throwing a fit - I probably would have... but next time my kids do something like that I will remember you and let them play. I'm sure it's much more fun that way.

And I was early so I'll say it again - Happy Birthday Cae!!

Hanna said...

I LOVE your new profile picture and that picture of cae and ains in the mess is awesome!

Happy Birthday little Cae! Can't wait to see you and your big sis! (and my big sis ;) )

Meredyth said...

Happy birthday, beautiful Caelan!!!

Melanie said...

Oh my heck your girls are beautiful!! Love your blog!

Jenn S. said...

Happy Birthday Cae!!