Friday, April 13, 2007

Ainsley, Ainsley, Ainsley the explorer!

Ainsley-ism...I took her to the grocery store with me yesterday. It was a little after 5 I think so of course rush hour and there were cars in every direction and I was trying to turn left out of the parking lot. I finally got a tiny break in traffic and took my chance, thank heavens for a powerful car. As soon as I pulled onto the road, Ainsley says to me in her matter of fact tone "It's not a race Mommy" Of course, I chuckled....if only she knew! (Massachusetts drivers are NUTS!)

Caelan-ism...I actually remembered this one while reading my friend Genny's blog. Caelan has decided to blow on her food before she eats it. Every bite I give her, she blows on it (I guess yogurt is hot and needs a little cooling down?) and tonight at dinner she had some plain pasta on her plate and she was picking up the entire plate and blowing on it. Too cute :)

Feeling better...

Today I'm thankful for:

1. A husband that likes to take drives for no reason at all (have I mentioned how beautiful this state is?)

2. Healthy children, happy children

3. my friends, they can always keep me grounded when the little things want to upset me.

4. Sunday, when Hanna gets home and I have my bestest buddy back!!! LOL

5. God, for listening to Ainsley's prayers

6. Wal-mart, for selling cheap sports bras

I've only got 6 today, but it will have to do :)

We're doing some minor spring cleaning around these parts. We're just picking 1 project each weekend to keep it manageable. Tomorrow's project is the hall closet which seems to have become a dumping ground for everything that doesn't really have a place. I'm thinking maybe some plastic bins (scrapbooking, sewing, computer cables, hair bow making supplies) Hopefully that helps, with such a small amount of storage space I need to be more diligent about keeping things organized. Next weekend will have to be the girls' room, which I think is the worst room in the house. I still need to brainstorm on how to organize it though because it's just in shambles. I can clean it 100% and it will be a disaster within a day because there's no rhyme or reason to any of it.

After that we'll have the master bedroom and the dining room left to do before I'll feel like things are under control.

Okay, I think my bed is calling my name now :)

4 comments:

Meredyth said...

That is hilarious about Caelan blowing on her food! I love it!

Nash said...

Well at least Hanna is still blogging while on vacay! Pretty good huh! I want to come and see just how beautiful it is there.

Mimi said...

"Wal-mart, for selling cheap sports bras" lol

Cae is so cute. I really love the new Avi, Your Converse are doing well, I can't keep up with the bidders ;)

Jenn S. said...

Oh, I love love #1 too - especially when the other smaller passengers fall asleep and we can drive around a pick out our dream house . . . great thing to be thankful for!