We got a little ambitious and decided to take an impromptu road trip to the cape to see Jim's mom. We left yesterday morning, got some lunch on the road and hung out with Grandma.
The best part? She offered to watch the kids while Jim and I got a short date! Woo hoo! Of course when the weather's cold, there's not too many fun things to do on cape cod, but we took part in a game of bowling and then had ice cream cones before heading back.
When we walked in the door, the first thing we hear is "Mommy and daddy are home!" Yup, both girls were up LOL
No biggie though, they both went to bed pretty painlessly. We went and visited one of Jim's friends this morning for a bit before we headed home. They're getting a new swingset next week so they invited us back in a few weeks when the weather's a little nicer :)
And it was great to get a nice nap on the drive home.
Jim's mom is officially the first one to ask..."So when are you going to stop breastfeeding?" I told her we were already starting to wean, but I think it would probably be considered a lie. I got some formula and a couple new bottles with the intention of slowly starting to wean but I can't seem to bring myself to do it yet.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. grandmas that like to babysit
2. Hanna's home!!!
3. european chocolate
4. rain storms that beat against the window and make you wanna turn the heat up and snuggle with your sweetie (okay, I lied, I'm snuggling with the baby)
5. babies that still fall asleep in your arms when they're a year old
That'll do for today
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your "thankful" lists, I should copy. ;)
Fun road trip! And yeah for a date!
Congrats on your first "weaner" question. (I love that word!)
Let us know when/if you start the process so we can send you smooth-transition vibes.
Post a Comment