Friday, April 27, 2007

Who knows what normal is anymore...

She's back to sleeping "normally"

And normal for her is only waking 2 or 3 times instead of 7 or 8. But in all honesty, 2 or 3, and I'm still sane. When she pulls the all nighters a few nights in a row, that's when I start to feel desperate and crabby.

So the point is, I'm feeling better :)

I don't have much to blog about, which is why I haven't in a couple days. We've been staying home, Jim's been busy, and it's rainy outside.

Life has been in a lull, but we're okay with that.

The process of slowly weaning Caelan is going well. She was nursing 6-8 times a day, and we're down to 3-4, and no one's traumatized. And I don't even mind going at this rate for a while now. I'm enjoying a little more freedom, and nursing at night really is much easier than making a bottle.

I guess all in all things are good. I feel like they've calmed a bit, and I made the conscious decision to not be such a grump (added sleep helps too)

I took Hanna's book suggestion about parenting too, but I've put off reading it because I feel like Ainsley's a dream child right now. She had a little bit of a rough week (which because of my sleep book, I can blame on her lack of sleep over the weekend) but other than that, she's just wonderful.

She's going through a HUGE growth spurt I think though. It was right about this time last year when she moved into size 4 clothes, and she's been in them ever since, so maybe it's just time to size up! Her pants don't fit and they're getting shorter too, crazy! But right along with her growth spurt, her brain has just exploded with learning! She says to me today "Look mommy!" and I look down at her aquadoodle and she spelled Ainsley AND our last name, she just keeps on surprising me with all the things she's learning and I love it.

She basically recites all her letter sounds all day long. Just talking to herself and drawing letters, saying what words start with that letter and what sound it makes. She likes to pick one letter and then she'll sit and think of all the words she can that start with that letter. Of course her favorite letter is A (A is for Ainsley, A is for apple, A is for Addie, A is for Ashley) and her next favorite I think is S (S is for snail, S is for Sully, S is for sun), and the one she can't seem to get right is "L is for Ellie" so I just keep reminding her the Ellie starts with an E :P

She and I also planted a garden yesterday. Okay, really it's just 3 tiny little pots with some dirt and some flower seeds, but we're excited for our sprouts which we should have in about a week.

Jim's at a concert tonight so I'm indulging in some food network, and I think I need a snack ;)

1 comment:

Hanna said...

I'm glad sleeping is getting better. That's such a tough parenting phase - but I'll take it over driver's licenses and dating, right?