And about 3 hours into the day I had to give myself an imaginary slap on the face and told myself to KNOCK IT OFF!
It worked.
I haven't seen Jim since this morning, which I know sounds pretty normal for a stay at home mom, but it doesn't happen too often around here considering he works from home. It's usually on days like today I tend to feel a little overwhelmed at having to do everything, but then I remember that this is how it has been for years. Jim leaves in the morning, and doesn't come home until dinner.
That's what being a stay at home parent is normally like, and I need to not allow myself to become "spoiled" with his presence during the day. But like I said, I managed to turn things around.
Lunch time rolled around and I didn't think Caelan was tired yet, so I put her in the high chair and she was happily eating her pasta (with a fork! her new talent!) and I hear Ainsley laughing so I turn to see what was so funny (I was in the kitchen) and Caelan was asleep in the chair! She had the fork in her hand, speared pasta on the end of it, and she just dropped her head to the tray and crashed! Poor thing was exhausted. I pulled her out and got her to bed pretty easily though, so she napped well for the first time in a week or so. That was a pleasant surprise.
Ainsley has been horribly whiney the last few days. Every little thing makes her cry and I have to slow her down and remind her that nothing bad happened. But it seemed to happen every 15 minutes! Draining, to say the least.
I got her to bed on time tonight though, and she has preschool in the morning, so I'll cross my fingers that tomorrow she won't feel so sensitive.
Today I am thankful for:
1. being married....and never having to go to singles bars, dancing and drinking in order to pick up men
2. Air conditioning and heat (weird day, I actually ended up utilizing both, go figure)
3. learning how to cook when I was younger, so that on days like today, and I have no groceries and no car, I can pull out a can of tuna, a little milk, and 4 slices of toast, and make a meal (I think only Hanna will see the humor in this)
4. my black knit skirt that Hanna convinced me to buy clear back when she was pregnant with Sully. It's insanely comfortable and I was glad it was clean today.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know the tuna gravy & toast meal, had it too many times to count. I should start making it for my kids, we always liked it.
Avery has been so rotten lately & sweet at the same time. I am frustrated with her.
My life is on the flip side of yours. Gone from having him home to being gone ALL day. It's definitely going to be an adjustment....I might need prozac by the end of this first week.
tuna *shudder*
Don't you love it when you can kick your own butt? If you need any help next time, just buzz me on Yahoo. ;)
ROFL! I *love* the tuna meal. Actually, I don't LOVE it, but I remember it being edible when we were little. And I have, in my posession, a funny little homemade cooking show highlighting this EXACT meal!
That is hard to get used to a husband being gone all the time. Kyle's schedule changes so much that just when I get used to him being gone/home. . .I have to get used to the opposite again. *hugs*
Post a Comment