I'm truly and sincerely amazed every time we take one of our little trips, at what beautiful things there are to see in such a short drive. Sunday night we packed our suitcases and we headed up to Ogunquit, Maine.
It was midweek rates, plus it's still the off-season so we found a motel room RIGHT on the beach for sooooo stinking cheap. Seriously, we walked out our door, and 20 feet in front of us was the most beautiful beach I've ever seen! Jim had a vendor's fair in Kittery so he left the girls and I to play on the beach for a few hours. We got our bottle of sun block and what a day we had!
Ainsley was gathering shells and digging holes and filling her bucket and dipping her feet in the incredibly cold water. Caelan slept for a while in the carrier, but when she woke up in a good mood I put her down in the sand and she had a ball! She was picking up sand and dropping it on her head (yes, her own head) and throwing handfuls around everywhere.
At one point she of course had to have the initiatory taste of beach sand which she promptly spit out, but at least it didn't spoil her mood. We took a walk down the main street too and visited a couple of shops. The motel offered use of the room until 6pm for half the daily rate which we did (worth EVERY penny) so we had a place to go and cool off and relax after that.
We got home last night around 5 and the missionaries came over for dinner. We ordered pizza and I think they were in heaven. They get home-cooked meals for EVERY meal, which is definitely not a bad thing, but I think they were really happy to just have some good pizza for a change :)
The AC in our apartment hasn't been turned on yet and I'm VERY annoyed...so annoyed and disgusted with the way our apartment managers are treating us that I'm not going to blog the details about it because I do NOT want to remember the way I feel right now.
Jim's taking Ainsley to preschool and then heading to work for a couple hours.
We're pretty sure his company car is coming this week. Oh the excitement!!! I can't wait to have my own car again. I honestly didn't think I would miss it as much as I have.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun! Where are the pictures from your little excursion?
and yay oh yay for a car!
Post a Comment